Thursday

+---Holy Leggings ---+Wang Style

Today while I was browsing my obsessions, I found a pic of Alexander Wang's Fall 2009 collection with the cut-out legging pants I love so. I tried to duplicate these before and got a little cut crazy. I took a tip from Wang and just sliced 4-5 good ones up the slides.



At to the Goodwill by my house on the soul mission to get some black leggings. For $2.99 I found some heavy duty Danskins (which are the best cuz their really for dancers).

Here's how I did it.
Danskins are great, no bunching, no super tight pinchy elastic and durable. These are a little big, but hey, they're comfy.

I cut a piece of cardboard in a wedge shape with my razor switchblade (also very handy for haricuts)

I shoved the cardboard wedge in the leg hole sideways, not front-on because I wanted to cut the sides only. (Note: cutting around the knee area of knit/elastic fabric creates big gaping holes your knees pop through. I suggest avoiding the knee area)

Cut holes in any pattern. I tried to follow 4 basic slashes down the side.

Here's the end result.